Have you newly bought an iPhone and you are learning the ropes? You will get a hang of it soon and wouldn’t want to switch to another brand.
After learning the basics, a witty thing to do is learn some of the best iPhone tricks to improve your productivity and enjoy the cool features.
Let’s make your iPhone an efficient purchase by introducing you to these best tricks. They are as hot as the Spectrum deals!
1: Take Photos with Headphones
Do your friends complain you take blurry photos? Not anymore. Use the volume up and down buttons on your Airpods to capture beautiful photos. Here is how it’s done:
- Make sure your AirPods are connected
- Launch the camera app
- Get into the scene
- Use the volume up/down button on the Airpods for capturing a phone
2: Convert Your iPhone into a Magnifying Glass
Those who have wished their smartphone could be turned into a magnifying glass, Apple has heard you! You can turn your iPhone into a magnifying glass. This feature is best for long-sighted individuals who find it difficult to read the fine print.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings of your phone
- Click Accessibility >> Magnifier
- Toggle it on
Triple-click on the home button for the camera to turn into a magnifying glass and the screen of your iPhone will become the viewfinder.
3: Add Multiple Faces to Face ID
Is it even possible? Yes sir! Here is how to register multiple faces for unlocking the iPhone:
- To go to the Settings
- Tap “Face ID and passcode”
- You will be asked to enter the passcode
- Now click “set up an alternative appearance”
- Follow the instructions as they appear and add another face
4: Use Siri to Find Missing AirPods
Do you misplace your AirPods often? Can’t blame you, these tiny pieces are prone to get lost. There is a quick and effective way to find them with Siri.
Just say “Siri, Find my Airpods” and it will play a loud tone to help you locate them. How convenient, right?
5: Stop Apps From Asking For Feedbacks
I can’t explain how annoying it is when you are using an app and suddenly a popup appears to rate it. If you hate these pop ups too, then why not remove them altogether?
The iPhone lets you do that so effortlessly. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings of your iPhone
- Tap iTunes & App Store
- Toggle off the “In-App Ratings & Reviews” menu
6: Teach Siri the Correct Pronunciation for Names
Siri isn’t good at pronouncing names like “Jasweer” or “Kawish” but guess what, you can fix that. Follow these steps:
- Activate Siri
- Say “That’s not how you pronounce [name e.g Jasweer]”
- Say the name again
- Siri will give 4 pronunciation options
- Choose the right one and that’s it
7: Convert Your iPhone Into a Level
You can also use your iPhone as a level. These steps explain how:
- Open the measure app
- Tap “level” at the bottom of the screen
- Now place your iPhone flat against the surface you want to measure
Tap the screen for measuring the difference between 2 surfaces. The red margin indicates the difference between the two angles.
8: Checking your iPhone’s Warranty
You can check your iPhone’s warranty right from the settings. This is how:
- Go to the Settings
- Tap “General”
- Then tap “About” >> “Warranty”
- There you go with your device’s warranty information
9: Shake your iPhone to Undo Typing
The iPhone has the undo feature. To use it, you just have to shake your device. But you must first activate this feature.
- Go to the settings
- Tap accessibility >>Touch
- From the Interaction Menu, click “Shake to undo”
- Move the slider and you are done.
10: Type Your Commands to Siri
Who doesn’t love Speaking to Siri and giving commands! Some people have wished they could type commands as well. Think about people with disabilities who cannot speak.
For situations like these, you can turn on the “type to Siri” feature. It lets you give commands to Siri by typing. Follow this:
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings
- Tap General >> Accessibility >> Siri
- Turn on the “type to Siri” slider
Once this feature is on, activate Siri and a keyboard will appear. Start typing in your commands. You may also give voice commands by tapping on the microphone icon.