Reserve Bank of India (RBI) organizes an examination to select candidates for assistant positions in various RBI branches and sub-offices across India every year. This exam is definitely a complicated one. But if you pass this exam with excellent grades, you will pave the way for a bright and promising future.
Although the syllabus is quite vast and includes a variety of subjects to evaluate the candidate as a whole, if you put in all your effort and compassion, even 30 days would be more than enough to see yourself scoring great marks. Since now you have 30 days to invest, the level of your preparation should be at an extreme level. You probably don’t have much time to slag and therefore your entire concentration should be on covering as much syllabus as you can.
Even though 30 days may seem quite less, if you train your mind and body to follow a specific strategy for the next one month, you’ll be able to finish your entire syllabus without even over-exerting yourself.
THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS SUCCESS
Have you already started studying the syllabus without any plan? Well, that is absolutely not the right way. You might be getting overwhelmed by the constant ticking of the clock, but wait. Remember, haste is a waste. Calm yourself down, don’t hurry, and keep moving step by step.
The first and major step that you should be taking right now is, open your syllabus. Give a keen glance at each and every topic that can be asked in the exam. Jot down the exam pattern in your diary to keep it available all the time. Do not drift away from the given syllabus and exam pattern.
In RBI Assistants Exam, the exam is conducted in three different stages:
- The first stage is the preliminary exam. In this exam the candidates are asked questions based on the following sections:
- English language
- Reasoning aptitude
- Numerical ability
- The next stage is a level up, the Mains. The candidates are required to have knowledge of the following sections to crack this exam:
- English Language
- Numerical Ability
- Reasoning Aptitude
- General Knowledge
- Computer Skills
- And finally comes the concluding stage of the RBI Assistants Exam. This stage is known as the language proficiency test, in short, LPT.
START WITH THE 30 DAYS PREPARATION
Now that you have taken your first step successfully, it is time to walk ahead and design an effective and well-organized strategy to finish your preparation in just 30 days.
- Follow the syllabus- Syllabus is always the first thing you should analyze thoroughly while preparing for any exam. As you already know what are the major sections and topics covered in the syllabus, keep your preparations according to it.
- Start with making reading a habitual process. Read newspapers, magazines, articles, and editorials concerning the topics for the exam. This will improve your comprehensive aptitude and will help greatly in the English section. The newspaper keeps you up-to-date with everyday happenings which will improve your General Knowledge.
- Practice the questions based on reasoning aptitude every day from sample papers or past years’ papers. If your concepts are clear you can score full marks in this section.
- Focus on the basic fundamentals while preparing for the mathematics section. The questions asked are usually 6-12th grade level and you can easily hit the top by making your core basics strong.
- Track the time- Focusing on this aspect is probably the most important thing you can do for yourself. Be sure to have a plan for the next 30 days before you begin to prepare. Put them all on a chart and break them down into different time intervals. Timetables are a great way to keep track of your daily schedule. Make a timetable and distribute them evenly among all of your subjects and topics. Give each topic adequate time. If you try to complete a lot of stuff in one go, you’ll end up with nothing at the end of the day. So, define your schedule in a way that maximizes your productivity.
- Create notes- You should take notes as you progress through your topic. Now, notes here do not mean to just transcribe the entire concept word by word. Ideally, the notes should be both concise and informative. Organize your notes in a way that allows you to quickly review the entire topic. Do not create a mess by adding too much pointless material which is not even needed for the exam. Just stick to the syllabus and write your notes precisely. For the subjects like general knowledge and mathematics, highlight the significant dates, terms, formulae, and theories.
- Make ‘Mock tests’ a habit- Thirty days may seem insufficient to prepare the entire syllabus, and you may feel that it will be difficult to find time for practicing mock tests as well. However, you should be aware that mock tests make up one-third of your overall preparation. It would be a waste of time to spend a month studying for an exam without knowing where you stand in terms of knowledge. In this case, mock tests help you evaluate your own abilities. It gives you a self-assessment of your strengths and weaknesses. Enhance your preparation from RBI Assistant mock test online free, and see great results waiting for you.
- Pause and relax- 30 days of preparation doesn’t mean spending every minute in front of the books. Stop for a while, relax your mind and body. This one month is definitely going to be overwhelming and nerve-wracking, and so you should not overwork your mind and body to such an extent that it gets exhausting. Take out time for some other activities to ease your mind and yourself for a while. Meditate to expand your concentration level.
No matter, if you have 30 days, 30 weeks, or 30 months to prepare for a successful journey, as long as you have strong willpower and faith in yourself, no exam is impossible to crack. Keep your mind clear of any anxious feelings and stressful thoughts. Encourage yourself to keep moving ahead with the above-mentioned strategy and shine bright with remarkable results. All the best!